- Academics (Teaching – Learning)
Revision of curriculum to meet today’s need of the Industry and society and allow flexibility to the students
Increase in participation of industrial subject experts in the curriculum revision process and content delivery.
Systematic conduct of regular academic audit in-line of the guidelines given by NIT Council.
Initiatives to have all the programs accredited.
Use of language laboratory, finishing school and soft skill development to improve the employability of the students.
Create enthusiasm about higher studies among the students.
Capacity increase in the demanding academic programs.
Collaboration with other reputed academic institutes / organizations in India and abroad for student exchange program at all levels.
Promoting development of e-learning courses
More multi-disciplinary academic programs to be developed
Promoting participation in competitive sports and games and other extra-curricular activities.
Emphasizing on the research-spike areas including environment and water management, assistive technology for people with special needs, etc.
Increase in the number of quality research publications, patents, sponsored research and consultancy projects.
Development of more numbers of industry / alumni-funded research facilities
Encouraging Faculty members to conduct quality research in collaboration with reputed academic / research / industrial organizations.
Increase in intake of PhD research scholars
Development of tinkering laboratories for the UG students to get engaged in research early
Quality improvement of the COEs, central research facilities established through HEFA
Strengthening of Sponsored Research & Consultancy Cell
- Human Resource Development
Regular conduct of recruitment of faculty, staff and officers.
Initiatives to create enthusiasm among the employees to be in continuous development process of the Institute and their all-round personal development.
Increase in participation, organization of different faculty development process (refresher courses, pedagogical training, conferences and training programs in domain areas).
- Infrastructure Development
(a) Hostel - Complete renovation of existing old hostels, increase in recreation, games and sports facilities, furniture in the hostels, development of a common mess catering diversified meals.
(b) Internet Facility – Improvement in the internet network for un-interrupted and high-speed connectivity at all corners of the Institute.
(c) Library – Increase in text and reference books, reading room facility, journal access, and RFID tagging of all textual materials and use of an ERP system, improvement of the ambience.
(d) Class Room – Modernization of existing class-rooms of the old academic building equipped with audio-visual aids. Increase in the number of more AC class rooms.
(e) Workshop and Laboratory – Modernization and replacement of old equipments, expansion of existing UG and PG laboratories, creation of a RPT and 3D printing facility in the workshop, establishment of some laboratory equipments for learning beyond the syllabus and to have joy of engineering and technology.
(f) Capacity and facility enhancement of the academic and administrative buildings
(g) Use of a comprehensive ERP system
(h) Campus Facility - Promote and sustain a campus environment that supports a high quality of life and learning through continuous maintenance of quarters, medical unit, shops, roads, drainage and lighting systems, security, play grounds and campus beautification. Building a new space for Yoga and Counseling centre.
- Outreach Activities
Societal Participation - Unnat Bharat Aviyan, Rashtriya Avishkar Aviyan, Vigyan Prasar, Adoption of Rural Schools etc.
Promoting organization of more and more GIAN, STCs, Collaborative Workshops and Conferences.
Active participation in TEQIP-III, mentoring other institutes
Increase in MOUs and Collaboration with the outside world.
- Improvement of ranking – The Institute aspires to secure an NIRF rank within 20 among the top engineering institutions in India. It would also like to be included in the QS and THE international ranking. All efforts shall be made to improve research, academic, placement performance and infrastructure to achieve it.
- Strengthening of alumni networking – The Alumni Cell shall be rejuvenated to enhance interaction with the alumni. Support will be sought from them for creation of infrastructure and sharing their expertise for the development of the students and the faculty.
- Strengthening of Industry-Institute-Interaction and I-I-I cell in the Institute – Greater interaction shall be made with the industries by way of collaborative projects, Industry PhD programme, visiting lectures by the industry experts and their participation in the academic committees and revision of curricula.